I, too, have been tagged with the 7 random facts. Pixieriot tagged me first, and at least 3 other people have followed suit.
The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
So, without further ado, here are 7 random facts about me:
1. I used to play the accordion. 'nuff said.
2. I can bend back my left thumb so it touches my left forearm, but I can't do it with my right thumb.
3. I'm a klutz. When I got married, I had to throw the bouquet twice because the first time, it landed in the chandelier and came down in a rain of crystal. At least 6 people have told me since that they saw it coming.
4. For the longest time, I collected erasers. Not the boring ones, but erasers that came in fun shapes and colors. I had over 350, including one shaped like a faucet (3D, not just a flat one).
5. I have an unhealthy obsession with bureaucracy and the way it works. In grad school, my fellow historians used to wonder out loud when I'd write a paper about people instead of documents. Does this make me a boring person? I don't know, but it's just the way I'm wired.
6. When I was 4, I built a swimming pool in the middle of my room by making a square out of rectangular cushions. After about the 10th bucket of water, my friends and I had to admit this wasn't working -- about the same time my mom and her friend decided it was way too quiet up there and we got busted.
7. I'll randomly start humming the Inquisition song from Monty Python's History of the World. Make of that what you will.
Thise meme has been around for a while, and I'm losing sight of who's already done and who hasn't. So, in direct violation of the rules, I'm tagging everyone who hasn't done it yet but would like to. It's so much easier than checking everyone's archives to see if they've already been tagged, or if they dislike memes!
And now, some knitting content. My first Conwy sock is finished, and I'm starting my second today.
The front of my Dad's sweater is about 1" away from getting interesting. So far, it's only lots of burgundy reverse stockinette (the color is not a bright tomato red in real life), but I'm about to start on the blue border and the grey cables.
It's a very fast knit, though I'm getting a bad feeling about not washing the swatch for this one. I think I'm knitting up another swatch (ripped out the old one, bad me!) and giving it the wash and block treatment. This is the first time I've worked with pure alpaca, and I wouldn't want it to grow and surprise me after I'm done!