Thursday, October 05, 2006

Friday knitting

Today, I'm tired. My commute took a good 1.5 hours, each way. The way back was particularly frustrating because an entire hour of that was spent making it the last 5 miles to my exit. On the bright side, I got to knit while waiting for traffic to move again.

When he got home, my sweetie took me out for dinner, and I had a pomegranate margarita. Yum! Really, really good. The salt rim makes it perfect. So now I'm home, ensconced in my comfy chair, and knitting my sister's birthday sweater. Try as I may, the cheapo bamboo needles with the cheapo cord just won't lie straight, which is why this picture sucks. But the color of the yarn came out exactly right. That's half-twisted rib at the bottom, and the stitches look much neater in real life.
The yarn is Berroco Softwist, and I'm loving the way the silky strand that's woven in throughout makes the yarn shimmer. It's going to be so pretty!

Also on the agenda for this weekend: finish the baby sweater. No, really, I have to. Or the baby will be starting school before I'm done!

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

I have the same problem trying to get my stuff to lay flat for pictures when it's on freakin' circs.

Mmmm...pomegranate margarita! Sounds delish!!!

Rain said...

It looks lovely so far.

Unknown said...

That's such a pretty brown!

Good luck on the Samantha sweater. I hope you got an answer to your question on the pattern.

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Pomegranate martinis are my favorite - and pomegranates are full of antioxidants so they are good for you too! HEEHEE Sue

Batty said...

Oooh, I've been told by a nurse that pomegranate martinis are good for me! Well, if that is the case, I have to make sure my body gets plenty of antioxidants! : )

stacyZ said...

My circs seem to do the same thing. I am glad to hear you like the soft twist. I have some in chocolate on its way to me for the KN uneck sweater (think it may be the same one - of course can not remember the name lol)
Well love it.

Also...pom margi...ummm can I come over ;) lol