This week, I'm having trouble with the knitty blog stalking theme because we're supposed to take a picture of our WIP's. The problem? They're all getting done!
Here is Samantha, the baby sweater dress I finished knitting in October. We've had a rocky relationship because seaming is not difficult, but hemming is a pain in the backside. I sewed on the last button just as our friend, the baby's father, was coming through the door. It's now on its way to baby Lilly.
Front of sweater:
Back of sweater:
Closeup of front with adorable flower buttons (the middle of each button is green). They were picked out with the help of several knittyheads when we took the big trip to WEBS last year.
Pattern: Samantha by Kate Gilbert (the old version, she has revised the pattern since)
Yarn: Aurora 4 in color 16, about 3.5 skeins
Size: A bit larger than the 12 month size
Needles: I don't quite remember, but I think they were US #4. I did go down a needle size for the hems on the sleeves but forgot to for the hems on the bottom.
The curling and unevenness is due to the fact that I hurried when I was taking pictures and didn't have time to lay everything out completely flat. The seams don't actually flare. I'm very happy with the outcome, and Lilly's dad liked it too.