Friday, July 20, 2007

Hair, WIPs and a Partial Meme

You know it's summer when memes are going round. In my case, Jen tagged me with the "8 things about you" meme. Since I already did the 7 things about me a while ago, I thought I might get away with adding no. 8 to the already existing list.

8. I like nighties. Yes, I may be goth, and I may wear velvet and lace most of the time, but when it comes to sleepwear, I have a deep-seated love for the comfy, cuddly and frumpy. To quote Mr. Batty: "If it ain't flannel, you ain't got it."
So true. Long flannel nightgowns that are several sizes too big, comfy PJs, and cotton nighties for the summer. Here's my new current favorite. Don't those clouds look like they're up to something?


This one has been around for so long, I'm not sure who has or hasn't done it yet. But if you think it would be fun to tell us 8 things about yourself... go ahead, I know I'm always curious!

Mr. Batty is at work, so I tried to take another picture of my hair. There are only 5 or 6 extensions, and they're towards the front. It's so hard to get a good picture of hair this long! I had to hold out the camera, and now that I see how it makes my arm look all flabby...
Better post it before I decide to delete the whole thing.


Oh, and long hair really is easier to care for. I wash and let it air dry. My dad keeps suggesting I cut it short again, but when I had a chin length bob, I had to spend half an hour in front of a mirror because there were cowlicks I hadn't even known existed. Now? Wash and I'm done. I love it.

In knitting news, I've finally finished the first pattern repeat on my Baltic Sea Stole. I'm very happy with my gauge on US 3 needles, and the color really works with this pattern. It's LL Helen's Lace in Purple Club, by the way.


Also, I finished one Jaywalker, and I love it! It fits perfectly. My only issue is that I wish the ribbing around my calf were a bit tighter, but it's not a big deal. The yarn is LL Shepherd Sock in Amethyst Stripe, for all who wanted to know.


And a look from the side. This is the outside of my right leg, and you have no idea how much I had to contort myself to get this shot!


Someday soon, this little Jaywalker will have a friend. It's such a happy sock, it shouldn't be alone.

25 comments:

Carina said...

Great knitting as usual.

You are so thin! Your hair is gorgeous, and you are so thin and pretty and I'm probably jealous . . .

weezalana said...

There is definitely some mischief going on in those cloudy smiles! Maybe they're going to start hazing the sun. (haze - sun - get it? bahahahaha!)

The wips are lookin' good!

sharon said...

love the purple wips!!!
doesn't appear goth anymore than your nightie does

Bonnie said...

It's a very happy-looking sock! I'm sure it will be even happier when you present it with its mate.

Wish I had such long, straight, shiny hair. The streaks are perfect!

Unknown said...

Oooooh, I love the way the Jaywalker #1 came out with the Lorna's. I've never knit anything out of that yarn before. Purple is my favorite color, so I enjoyed each pic, hehe. And I, too, have very long hair(only it's about 3 inches shorter than yours). I agree that it's easier to take care of, no styling required...

Zonda said...

Nice looking sock!! I love the purple in your hair! Cool!

Anonymous said...

I luv your hair! its coming along quite nicely! And jammies are cool! I myself am sporting a pair of red pjs pants (of the cotton persuasion) with dice all over them and a black shirt! So you are cool in my book!

Elspeth said...

I totally agree about long hair. I just got mine cut and it is a real pain to style now!

Nell said...

I wish my hair behaved like yours does! Long, short, mid length, mine never looks right, whatever I do!

Maureen said...

I was just thinking I loved the muscled in your arms and wished mine looked as nice as yours! Then I read you didn't like them... I loved the shot of your hair. Long hair is great. I tend to lose more hairs when mine gets long than when it is shorter. Love the Jaywaler! I have made a few pairs because the pattern fits me so well! The stole is coming along just beautifully!

Anonymous said...

The clouds look like they are going to stage a coup.

And I love the hair. Is it your natural color? Once upon a time I thought mine was dark brown, but turns out that's not the case. So I think I'm jealous, too.

spinndiva said...

I like purple... in sock and stoles and hair!

maryannlucy said...

Long hair and beautiful socks. Love both :-)

Larjmarj said...

Purple haze all through my brain!!

Had to quote Hendrix on your post given the amount of purpleness. LOVE the socks and the hair. I also try to keep the upper arms out of pics these days. I stay the hell off of scales too. The stole is really lovely, great color for it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Jaywalker looks awesome - great colorway! And those purple extensions rock big time too!

Jess said...

You are a little contortionist aren't yah. The socks are great. So is your hair!

Calling on Kahlo said...

What a great blog, extensions, and jaywalkers!

I was stopping by to say thank you for participating in the Ribbit Contest. It ends this friday, and afterwards I will pick a winner and start a new one.

I am going to read some more...

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Love the hair and the jaywalkers! Sue

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I love the hair extensions! They look great. Glad you found a needle size you're happy with for the shawl.

chemgrrl said...

Your nightgown ROCKS! Wherever did you get it?

Love the purple things...of course. :)

schrodinger said...

The jaywalker looks cool in that yarn. Love those extensions.

Unknown said...

Love the pajamas & purple theme of the pics.

And I had simpathy pains from your contortions getting that great shot of your Jaywalker clad foot.

Rain said...

Your hair looks fab. The stole is stunning so far and I love the colour of your Jaywalker.

Anonymous said...

You have such lovely long hair!

Pretty socks, too :-)

fleegle said...

That is one beautiful sock!