Sunday, August 31, 2008

Box Contents

And here they are, the long-anticipated contents of the box! I was sick and taking antibiotics on my birthday, so it really brightened my day.

Now that the cold is gone and I can taste things again, the Werther's Original won't last long. I love Mary Engelbreit, and who knew there even was such a thing as Beanie Babies 2.0? Uh... cute stuffed animals and online stuff? I sens a new obsession coming on.
And of course there is yarn -- Opal sock yarn. I love Opal. Regia leaves me cold, but Opal does such interesting self-striping stuff.
But the best part of the gift is Volare, a lace shawl designed by Rosi herself! It's gorgeous. I'm torn between knitting it from stash yarn and ordering a skein of the Kauni the original was knit with. I've never tried Kauni and it's my birthday and I was going to order something from Little Knits anyway...


While I was contemplating the implications of my yarn buying decision, Merlin developed an interest in the box contents as well. He was licking and sucking the Werther's bag... I guess they're not kidding about making the stuff with real cream!


The box, however, has become a cat toy. The game goes as follows: Morgana gets in the box, her brother creeps up on her from the outside, then he bonks her in the head with his paw. Cat wrestling ensues. They love this game.


The cats and I would all like to than Rosi for the wonderful gifts. I hope you like the box that's coming your way (a bit late... oops) just as much!

Oh, one more thing... getting bonked on the head repeatedly must have ticked off Morgana more than we thought. We bought a cat teaser with a long tail of feathers, figuring she'd love to chase it around. And we were right. Less than 10 seconds after we pulled it out, Mr. Batty was holding a stick with a few pathetic feathers dangling off of it.


The rest of the feathers were in Morgana's mouth. Oh, well. That toy didn't last long.


Anyhow, next time, there will be knitting, I promise. I hope everybody is having a great weekend!

11 comments:

Bezzie said...

That Opal is almost the same color as the Werthers! Hee!

Knittypants said...

Ummm...I think you should buy the Kauni, it's just the right thing to do :-)

Love the kitty with feathers, so funny.

turtlegirl76 said...

Rosi's birthday packages ROCK!

Zonda said...

Great birthday package! Hehe..love the picture of the feathers in Morganna's mouth..caught ;)

weezalana said...

Lovely birthday treats! Heehee - Morgana looks like she's wearing a feather boa!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy belated birthday!! Rosi did a fabulous job spoiling you!! Love it all! The cats continue to make me smile everytime I see them :)

Jo said...

I love how the cat is licking the candy bag!

Anonymous said...

BUY THE KAUNI! Or you can use the opal. LOL

i'm glad you (and the kitties) enjoyed the package! :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Morgana looks very stylish with those pink feathers against her dark fur. Very nice. And, happy quite belated birthday!

P.S. Buy Kauni. It's just one of those things that makes your stash glow like a treasure chest sight unseen when you walk by your closet/into your living room in the early morning.

Maureen said...

Kitties are getting so big! What a fun box of goodies! Enjoy them!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Happy birthday? Too late? Too sick?