Friday, December 31, 2010

Curse you 2010...

...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2010 has been the worst year of my life, and as an appropriate ending to a dreadful year, I have just returned from 6 hours at the ER. I'll be so happy to see this one go, and I have high hopes that 2011 will be better. It simply has to.

The knitting wasn't bad, really. I never showed you my finished Clapotis. Here she is, blocking.


Details:
Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, 3.2 skeins
Colorway: Embers
Needles: US #8
Comments: This is my second Clapotis, all for me! Love the colors. Grays, blacks, reds, with bits of purplish goodness. It's aptly named. And look at how gorgeously it pooled!

Started in the old year, to be finished in the new year: first ever 2 at a time toe up socks. Using leftover yarn because of stashbusting. They were fiddly at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of the method. May use it more often on single color designs. Probably won't make a habit out of knitting multi-colored patterns two at a time. Too much tangling.


So... I'll see you in the new year. May 2011 treat us well, be kinder to us than 2010 was, and bring much joy to everyone.

16 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry things were so rough for you this year. Let's hope the future is better!

Nice socks, BTW!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Clapotis!

May 2011 be 1,000 times better for you than 2010.

Thank you for an always-interesting blog. Yours is one of my favorites.

Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Ich wünsche Dir alles Liebe für 2011!

Mary

kemtee said...

Here's to better things. {hug}

Jo said...

((hugs)) Hope it was nothing serious at the ER.

Fujiyamamama said...

Uh-oh, I hope you're feeling ok, and that 2011 is a far better year!

Nessa said...

Oh Batty, I wish so many wonderful things on you in 2011. I hope that 2010 can just fade into the background soon.

Corrina said...

Here's hope and good wishes that 2011 will be full of light and love for you! Happy New Year's sweetie!

Unknown said...

beautiful socks. wonderful how you can take some left overs and make something out of them, isn't it?

Everything in our life gets made into something, love, joy, happiness, (or anger, sadness. destruction.

Knitting help us make the peices into oneness and into beauty, (and into practial socks!)
hope the next year give you more yarn, and less of a need for it!

Zonda said...

((hugs)) Here's hoping 2011 is a much better year for you!! Happy New Year!

Eileen said...

Lovely, lovely knitting. As always. As for the way 2010 treated you--pah!

Every good wish in the world for a spectacularly GOOD 2011.

KL said...

I felt just the same yesterday when I gladly said goodbye to 2010. Nothing but trouble! So here's to a better year ahead!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry you had to go to the ER! In any case, your knitting is very pretty, HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope 2011 is better for you.

Unknown said...

Agree with your sentiments about 2010. May this year be better for all of us.

Rebel said...

The ER??? Good night woman. Yeah, 2011 has got to be a better one for you.

Love the Clapotis!

weezalana said...

Sorry you had such a rough year. The Clapotis turned out great!