Monday, December 27, 2010

Let it Snow

Yesterday, I checked the forecast, and they predicted snow. Every once in a while, they'll do that and be wrong, not a flake to be seen. But this time? This time, we got a proper blizzard. Look what we woke up to. Note that I had shoveled the deck yesterday, twice!


Closeup, with condensation on windows. I'd get better pictures from outside, but I'm not going. It's warm in here.


Lovely, picturesque, the only downside is that our water heater is now dead. No hot water. I hope we can get it fixed soon, or I'll have to go to the gym to take a shower.

And because this is a knitting blog, here's some knitting. First in the "Formerly Secret Knitting" category: bed socks for my sister-in-law. She says they fit and go with her pyjamas. Yay!


Details:
Pattern: Heelless Sleeping Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: I think this is Wildfoote. Pretty sure, actually. But not 100% because I tossed the ball bands.
Needles: US #1/2.25 mm
Mods: Cast on 68 stitches. Regular flat toe instead of the star-shaped one the pattern calls for.
Comments: These don't go as quickly as you'd think. The pattern is easy to memorize, though, and it's a great takealong project. No heel, just a tube sock with a toe. Ideal if you can't measure the recipient's foot.

9 comments:

Krysstyllanthrox said...

Last year Tulsa had a blizzard, about 18" which is a whole lot for a region that isn't supposed to get any accumulation. Things screeched to a halt for quite some time.

Stay safe if you have to get out in it!

Fujiyamamama said...

Bummer about the hot water heater! I hope that gets resolved soon!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I love tube socks. The heels never wear out.
They look so warm and cozy.
Hope you get the hot water heater fixed soon.
Stay warm.

Kaye said...

I'll never forget the time in college when our heat went out so I hopped into the shower to warm up, only to find the hot water was gone too. Ha ha! BRRRR!
Hope you're not getting this awful wind like we've got!

Jo said...

What makes tube socks bed socks? They are very pretty :)

Kate said...

The pictures are pretty, but I'm glad that ours melted away finally.

I hope that you have hot water soon. Not having hot water is awful.

kemtee said...

Socks are lovely. I like the colorway. But then I like Wildfoote in any color.

So when are they coming to fix the water heater?

Eileen said...

Whew! Is the heater fixed yet? *shiver*

Anonymous said...

Hooray for pyjama matching socks! Enjoy your snow, and good luck with the heater.