Saturday, September 26, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

Mr. Batty had the fireplace checked. Turns out there was some faulty wiring and some other issue. The developer sent his fireplace people and will be sending over an electrician to cap the live wires properly. Until then, this thing stays turned off. Thanks everyone for your concern, we're all doing much, much better. I was even able to knit a little last night! Not much, nothing exciting to show yet, but I got to knit.
I think I'll be starting another project just for myself. Best way to cheer myself up. I just got a few of the new Classic Elite pattern books in, and I love many of the patterns. Hmmm... maybe use some of the yarn my sister sent for my birthday?

Anyway, knitting content to follow. This weekend is our 6th wedding anniversary, so Mr. Batty and I will be out and about doing anniversary stuff. He's taking me bat shopping! I do most of my shopping for decor around Halloween. It'll be fun. The rest... we'll just see what we feel like doing. Spontaneity is a good thing. Plenty of planning at work.

11 comments:

elspeth said...

Happy Anniversary! I've got a little bat myself - he's making me go shopping all over tarnation to find more skeleton stuff!

Vanessa said...

happy anniversary! glad everything worked out with the fireplace and nothing and no one exploded. :)

Have a great weekend!!

Zonda said...

Happy Anniversary!! Glad the fireplace situation is worked out!

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary!! And I'm glad your fireplace disaster wasn't really the disaster it might have been. Scary!

Bonnie said...

Happy anniversary--and have fun bat shopping!

Fujiyamamama said...

Happy Anniversary!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy Anniversary!! And bat shopping, sounds like fun fun for you :)

adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great weekend :)

Rocky Moreno said...

Happy Anniversary!

Maureen said...

Wow! What a scare! Glad things are turning around. Have a wonderful anniversary! Did you get lots of batty goodness?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for you that the fireplace saga has worked out. Happy Anniversary, something to take your mind off it. best wishes Julie.C