Sunday, September 13, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

My tendons are better. I have been able to knit a little here and there, so I finished the rainbow-colored knee-high bed socks for my sister. They are going out with the big package o' knits that's been sitting on my wardrobe, waiting to be mailed.


They work as knee highs... or as slouch socks. Psychedelic slouch socks. Yeah!

Boring details:
Pattern: Helless Bed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Schoppel Wolle Zauberball in Frische Fische
Needles: US #1
Comments: A fun knit. Because I usually knit socks on 0's, these practically flew by.

The other thing that flew by... 2 ounces of corriedale. Here they are, all spun up, waiting to be plied. And look at my cute project bag! Not surprisingly, it's a Halloween theme. With spiders.


I get most of my stuff around Halloween. Best time for bat- and spider-themed stuff.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those colors are marvelous, and the socks are delightful - bright and cheery for wearing on a cool fall day! I love your spider bag, too. Need to get to the fabric shop - Halloween fabrics are the best.

Zonda said...

Wild color socks!! Nice looking handspun too. Cute bag. How's the needlecase working?

Vanessa said...

Soo pretty, I love the slouchiness of them too! Awesome for hanging around the house!!

Mary said...

Hallo Batty,
Deine Kniestrümpfe sind so toll geworden. Sie sind viel zu schade für Bettsocken.

Liebe Grüße
Mary

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love those socks! They're fantabulous. Your sister should be very grateful to be getting suck an awesome pair of socks.

knitwych said...

OMG! I don't know which I love more - those awesome socks or that fabric!! Like you, I love Halloween stuff. I've already picked up two new Halloween fabrics this season. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are great!

adrienne said...

Oh wow, those socks are awesome! That colourway might be one of my new favourites!

And gorgeous yarn! I wish I were patient enough to spindle useful quantities...

Bezzie said...

Nice socks!!

You know, like Turtlegirl and the turtles, I find myself finding a lot more bat stuff outside of Halloween b/c of you!

Becky said...

Lucky sister!

I love corriedale. Yours looks great. Nice spider bag.

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I'm glad your arm is better!

Eileen said...

Wonderful! I'm making some Regia color silks for DH...on 2s. Ha! I started yesterday and I swear the first sock is almost half-way done (n.b. this means that I will cast off on the second sock on December 26th.)

Your sister will love them. What a terrific gift. =^..^=

turtlegirl76 said...

I totally read that as "Hells Bells Socks" at first. Apparently, I need to go to bed.

They're so pretty!

cpurl17 said...

She's going to love them! they look so cozy--and happy too!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just wanted to let you know I have moved blogs, but I will still visit you and see what new socks you have been knitting. These are lovely by the way. best wishes Julie.C

Fulay said...

Love, love, love the socks.

Rocky Moreno said...

Those are cool socks!

Rocky Moreno said...

Those are cool socks!