Thursday, September 03, 2009

Spinning

What does the hardcore fiber addict do when tendonitis rears its ugly head and won't let her knit? Why, she spins, of course!
After a lengthy hiatus, I have decided to give spinning another try, this time with formal instruction. So today, I had my first spinning class, and I've learned so much already. And when the spindle is full, I get to learn how to ply. I have yet to ply anything successfully, so I'm really looking forward to it.


I also bought a carrying bag for my wheel. I ordered it from the Woollery. It shipped Monday, and I got it today. 3 days. I couldn't be happier with my experience.

11 comments:

Zonda said...

Looking good so far! Yay, glad you can find something fibery to do while you heal :)

GURO said...

Tendonitis is trying to get the best of you too. I have not been able to knit or crochet much the past week. So, like you, I have been spinning a little bit too. And cleaning and bakeing ;)

Bezzie said...

Very nice!!!! Spinnings good for hot days for me...the wheel does kick out a bit of fan-type action!

Poops said...

*whispers* I gave myself tendonitis in my ankle from spinning...

Pace yourself! Stretch! Pay attention to body mechanics!

Karen said...

that color is gorgeous and the spinning is looking good!

Bonnie said...

Lovely spinning! I hope your tendinitis clears up soon. You are wise to take a break from knitting and let yourself heal.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, congratulations on the keeping on! I love that fiber.

adrienne said...

Oh, love the colour! It looks great. I miss spinning.

Maureen said...

You are multi-talented! New fiber is beautiful!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks good so far! Love that color too!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I'm sorry about your tendonitis. I hope it heals and goes away forever.