Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon at our house. The laundry is laudering, Mr. Batty is doing homework for a class, I'm dabbling in Java programming, the cats are sleeping... there's going to be some baking later on, I'm sure, but for now, it's quiet time.

I am fresh out of clues for the SKA mystery sock. Here's the result so far. The color in the first picture is closer to the real thing, though the pattern is hard to see. I'm really liking these socks, which is saying something, considering they're yellow...


Here's the side view. Ribbing in the back, honeycomb heel, and this sock is pretty darn tall. Nancy Bush socks are usually designed with a really long shaft, and these are no exception.


Speaking of lazy... it's hard to learn more about computer networks when the cat decides to fall asleep on your textbook. No wonder thinkgeek.com sells everything from caffeinated soap to pixie sticks with caffeinated colorful sugar stuff.


Cat over IP. Snore.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

That cat makes me want to take a nap. And since I just got back from a bike ride, I think I will!

Lovely yellow socks - the color is really nice.

Bezzie said...

Oh but how can you leave that little pink nose there all undisturbed!!! There would be some rough cat hugging involved at my house!! Rough love!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That kitty pose screams, "Scratch my tummy!!" Well, Bailey and Puddles would say, "Rub my belly!" hehehe

Love the sock!

Rebel said...

What is it that makes newspapers / books / homework so irrisistable to cats??? Do they imbed papers with catnip fibers or what? Cute kitty in any case. =)

Vanessa said...

Oh I want to snuggle with your kitty!! I like they way the socks are turning out, are you finding they are baggy at the back of the leg area?

weezalana said...

LOL! Methinks that's a kitty sign for "go knit some more". ;)

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I think the kitty was reading the book. It would work on me, too.

Rocky Moreno said...

That kitty makes me wanna sleep! Love the saffron color too!