Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Guess What?

I know this is going to come as something of a surprise, but... I've knit more socks! Who'd have thought?
They're portable, in terms of speed they're relatively fast, and they're cheap to ship. Most people love receiving hand-knit socks.

This pair is for my dad. Can't send mom a pair of socks and send him nothing. That would be cruel. I hope the stripes aren't too wild for him.


Details:
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in colorway Aslan (I love this yarn!)
Needles: US 1/2.5 mm
Pattern: Zopfmustersocken
Comments: I tried the short row heel as written, but it was too shallow for my dad's instep. He wears a European 42/43, but his feet are skinny and he has a high instep. So I knit a heel with a flap instead. Eye of partridge heel: sl1 (k1, sl1) to end, k2. ws: sl1, p to end.

And for a preview of what I'm knitting now... yes, you're right. Socks! Socks from Janel Laidman's sock club in knitpicks yarn from stash (toe up! 2aat! taking forever!)


And socks from Cookie A's sock club, in String Theory Caper Sock. The picture doesn't do the yarn justice. The color is a bluish-green-brownish yarn, and it's sooooo soft. One of the nicest yarns I've ever felt.


Now the big question is: am I knitting anything besides more socks? Stay tuned for the answer to that burning question!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You remind me that I need to be knitting socks! Yours looks great. The Lorna's Laces is such a great yarn. Your dad will love them.

Bonnie said...

Your socks are so inspiring! Love those cables.

I will definitely stay tuned. :-)

Kate said...

I like those! I understand the too wild comment. My father-in-law thought his brown and brown striped socks were pretty wild.