Thursday, May 05, 2011

Sock Love

I told you I'd been busy! Here is a pattern I love, and I love the end result even more. Meet Hyacinth, the first installment of last year's Sole Mates sock club. Janel Laidman's designs rock. So much fun to knit! And gorgeous from all sides.

Here's the front


Front and back together


From the side


And a closeup of the back/heel section. Sometimes, I'm a bit skeptical about bobbles, but you have to agree that this is some awesome bobble action!


It took me almost a year to knit these. I started during good times, kept knitting through sad times, and have knit my way all the way into better times. They're for my mom.

Details:
Pattern: Hyacinth
Size: Medium
Yarn: German mystery yarn
Needles: US #0
Comments: Fun knit! Highly recommended. Loved working on this, knit as written.

5 comments:

Peri said...

Really lovely socks. xx

Zonda said...

They are beautiful! What a great present.

Fujiyamamama said...

They're so pretty, I'm sure your mom will love them.

Mary said...

Batty, das ist ein wunderschönes Sockenpaar! Das Muster sieht sehr aufwendig aus. Deine Mama wird sich sehr freuen!

Liebe Grüße
Mary

Anonymous said...

Another lovely pair of socks!