Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Single Sock

You know what my goal was for 2011? 11 sweaters. You know what I've been knitting? Hats and socks. Mostly socks. The moral of the story: when I want to knit sweaters, I should sign up for a sock challenge on rav.

I'm currently at that awkward stage where I have several projects going, and there's one finished sock for all but the pair I'm working 2aat. This is Haleakala, the February shipment of Cookie A's sock club.


It introduced me to Caper Sock, the most luxurious sock yarn I've ever held in my hands. It's soft and squooshy and feels amazing -- I'm knitting slowly because I don't want to run out of this yarn, ever.


The sock is fun to knit. Not particularly difficult, but interesting construction. I've already cast on sock #2. My feet are tiny, so I may be able to get a second pair of short socks out of this skein. If not... well, there's always fingerless mitts.

3 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh pretty! And now you've got me intrigued. I'll need to google Caper Sock yarn.

Trillian42 said...

Wow - That's gorgeous! What an interesting pattern!

Anonymous said...

Caper Sock yarn...must check it out!

I know what you mean about knitting everything but what you planned. I'm signed up for a 12 sweater challenge, figuring I'd maybe make 6. What am I knitting? My first socks in 2 years!

I'm off to find that yarn....