Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Morehouse Merino Haul

What you're about to see is the end of my yarn diet.
My husband and I went to New York state for our quarterly D&D mega-geek get-together. Because it happened to co-incide with a major Massachusetts wool and fluffly-critter event, my sweetie promised to take me to Sheep's Clothing, the yarn store attached to Morehouse Merino. I'd never been in there, and I was blown away. All that yarn, all those colors, the selection of books, and they even had roving! I could have spent the entire day in that store. Instead, I tried to limit myself to an hour or so, and this is what I left with.

These are going to be striped mittens. Purple and fuchsia, need I say more?


This is my red/rust/rust brown laceweight. One skein I bought, the other skein my husband bought for me. Together, they are a total of 1760 yards of laceweight yarn. I'm thinking they'd make a lovely fall wrap.


This is incredibly soft purple worsted weight. They had such a huge selection of colors. I counted at least 5 different purples. And it's so soft! Next time I go, I'll go with a definite pattern in mind and get a whole sweater's worth of this wonderful stuff. I'm in love with this yarn, it's amazing.



And, finally, my latest addition to the Cthulhu yarn collection. I don't know what it is, but lately, I haven't been able to resist the bright greens and yellows. Have I been corrupted by the great tentacley one? I don't know. All I know is that I don't really like yellow and green combinations, nor do I like leg warmers. So what are these going to turn into?
You guessed it. Yellow and green leg warmers. Oy!

4 comments:

Rain said...

Oooooooo what beautiful yarn. I'm in love with the yellow/green.

I have a strange compulsion to knit legwarmers too. I'm hoping I'll be over it by next winter although I wouldn't bet on it.

The purple and fuchsia look gorgeous together.

Betty said...

I am green with envy that you got to go to Morehouse Farm. It looks gorgeous from their website photos.

veritas said...

te he. legwarmers. it's far too hot to understand legwarmers where i am. armwarmers, yes. legwarmers... hehehe. but so much amazing amazing yarn... so pretty....

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a haul! That is some beautiful red laceweight right there. I can't wait to see what you do with it.