Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm on a roll!

And more stuff off the needles! I finished my Mad about Plaid socks on Wednesday night. These are my first socks for the year 2009, and I love them. They fit perfectly, and the slip stitch pattern was so much fun to knit. I just wanted to keep going and going.


Have a closeup of one sock.


And of the toe. These socks are so happy colorful, I just kept taking pictures of them!


Pattern details:
Pattern: Mad about Plaid
Yarn: Brown Sheep Company Wildfoote
Needles: US #0
Modifications: None
Comments: These were fun! After the initial frogging of the too-large-foot, they zipped right along. The first skein of Wildfoote really was defective, the second skein didn't have all those knots and underspun and shredded pieces. We'll see how it wears, but otherwise, it seems like a decent all-purpose sock yarn. If the purpose is socks. Eh, you know what I mean, I'll shut up now and have more caffeine.

The yarn for my next two projects is wound into balls and ready to go. And I found a knot. Fortunately, it's only one.


But how come knots are almost never in a place where it's easy to work around them? Like, at the beginning or end or the exact middle of a hank of yarn? Oh, well. I'll just weave in the extra ends.

13 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Cool socks! The colors make it so fun!

Corrina said...

I'm very anti knots myself! Love the plaid socks though.

Kate said...

They are really cheery. :-D

Knots in yarn should be punishable by something nasty. I've just found about three in one 50g ball... :-(

Kaye said...

Those are nifty! So simple and yet so snazzy at the same time!

adrienne said...

Wow, the socks are so cute! I hope they wear well, that sounds very strange.

sgeddes said...

They look great! They don't look simple at all! Very cool socks.

Unknown said...

Quite mad, quite plaid, I love them!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those socks came out great!! Love all the color!

ChestyLove said...

Noro is famous for knotting in a completely different colour, sometimes twice within the same skein.

Loverly socks. Can I have them? ;)

Anonymous said...

Those turned out great! I really love the plaid.

Glad to here the second skein wasn't as troublesome!

Anonymous said...

It's wool? Learn the spit-splice.

Batty said...

Would love to spit splice... but, alas, it's superwash. I love superwash for ease of care, but get frustrated when I have to weave in end after end.

Rocky Moreno said...

Those are cool, I like the contrast the yarn makes for the cuff and heel.