Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rolling along

I've been on a domestic kick lately. Yesterday, I made pancakes from scratch. Today, I made pizza from scratch, sauce and all. And I've been knitting.

My first Fuzzy Foot is done. They're so funny before felting! Enormous. I could probably wear it as a hat if I tried.


And then there's the sock I cast on yesterday. It's for the Sock Knitters Anonymous January knitalong. It's the beaded mystery sock. The beads are a kind of see-through iridescent, and I'm halfway down the heel.

Picture with flash (closer to the actual color)


Picture without flash, to better show the texture and beads. I'm loving these socks so far.


And... I got the batt I ordered. 3 ounces of purple-black-glittery goodness. It has all sorts of stuff in it, bamboo, sari silk, glitter... and it's beautiful. The color is Witchie Woman, and I can't wait to spin it up.


I want to spin it using a drop spindle because it'll make the experience last longer. I think I'm in love.

In not-so-good news, my glasses broke while I was trying to clean them, so I get to spend the money on a new frame. I was due for an eye exam and new lenses anyway, but now, I have to buy a frame too. Oh, well. It's one of those necessary things... I can't see a thing without them.

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

The beads on your lavender socks are stunning! Have fun felting your Fuzzy Feet (I still haven't made them, but I will someday) - and picking out new glasses.

weezalana said...

That Witchie Woman is SO you!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That fiber is absolutely perfect for you!! Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you've started knitting down your sock stash...I can't wait to see what comes out of the spinning!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, now I've got "Witchie Woman" stuck in my head. The wool and socks are beautiful!!!

adrienne said...

Ooooh, gorgeous fibre! That will be so much fun to spin! The socks look great too :)

Anonymous said...

that witchie woman colorway really IS you! well, not that you're a WITCH, but ykwim! LOL

necia ordered two EXTREMELY inexpensive frames online somewhere. zennioptical - that's the place!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Batty,
die Pantoffel werden klasse. Ich bin gespannt, ob sie passen,wenn sie gefilzt sind.

Liebe Grüße
Mary

Unknown said...

mmmm pancakes!

I love the beaded socks!

Rocky Moreno said...

Witchie Woman, I LOVE IT!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I broke a pair of metal glasses right where the bridge attached to the part that went around the lens. I took them to a jeweler and he was able to put them back together. I think he welded them?? Anyway, the heating part discolored the finish, so he discolored the finish on the other side of the bridge so it all matched. That was about 15 years ago and the glasses are still in one piece. It's worth a try. Even if you do get new ones, then you'd have a more current spare pair.

Anonymous said...

OMG that batt is incredible. Can't wait to see how it spins up!

knottygnome said...

ooh, that fiber is so pretty!